All students, with the exception of those attending Willow Brook and the Preschool, who are new to the Oak Ridge elementary and middle schools, need to register at their respective schools Monday, July 29, through Wednesday, July 31, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Parents who pre-registered kindergartners in May also need to complete the registration process on those dates.
Registration for new students in grades 9-12 will be made by appointment only. Appointments may be made Tuesday, July 23, through Tuesday, July 30, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. by calling (865) 425-9607. The registration process should be completed no later than Tuesday, July 31. Registration materials can be picked up at the Oak Ridge High School guidance office starting Monday, July 22, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Information necessary for new student registration includes the following:
- Child’s birth certificate (a certified copy for school records, not the hospital copy or mother’s copy)
- Child’s Social Security number (optional)
- Health insurance provider
- The Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Immunization available from your doctor or Health Department consisting of two parts:
- Immunizations—A Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Immunization form showing the complete dates (month, day, and year) immunizations were administered.
- Health examination—A physical examination is required for all children entering Tennessee Schools (K-12). Oak Ridge Schools requires a current physical examination, since Jan. 1 of the year the student will enter kindergarten.
- Grades 1-12 only—Provide the name, address, and phone number of the school(s) where your child previously attended or provide report cards or withdrawal forms.
For additional information, parents and/or students should contact their respective school or the Oak Ridge Schools Pupil Services Department at (865) 425-9009.
Elementary students who will be returning to the same schools they attended last year will not have to register at school. Students who have moved to another Oak Ridge school should contact the new school. All parents and pupils will be notified of room assignment by mail before Monday, August 12, the first day of school.
There will also be a student orientation at each middle school.
Jefferson Middle School will hold an orientation program for fifth-grade students in the Jefferson Little Theater on Friday, Aug. 9, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Bus service will not be provided. A new student orientation for sixth-, seventh-, and eighth-grade students attending Jefferson Middle School will be held on Thursday, Aug. 8, between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Students attending this orientation should report to the guidance department.
Robertsville Middle School will hold its’ orientation program for fifth graders and students new to Robertsville on Friday, Aug. 9, from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the auditorium. No bus service will be provided.
For any questions, contact Larrissa Henderson at (865) 425-9009.