The sleight-of-hand tricks of a magician will be featured at Wonderful Wednesday, from 11 a.m.-noon June 19 at the Children’s Museum of Oak Ridge. Mark Young will bring his entertaining magic show to the museum, delighting children with his magic tricks.
Young was a professional magician for 20 years, working in such locations as the Big Red Boat cruise line of Walt Disney World, Cypress Gardens in Florida, and Opryland in Nashville. The magician began learning tricks as a child in Oak Ridge and has entertained children and adults at past museum events.
The museum will host special Wonderful Wednesday guests from 11 a.m.-noon Wednesdays during Imagination Station Summer Camp through Aug. 2, with no Wednesday program July 3. Summer campers at the museum each week will participate, and the programs are free to the public with admission.
Other Wonderful Wednesday events will feature:
- The Knoxville Zoo, on June, 26, with some cool and interesting creatures visiting the museum.
- Imagination Station Carnival, on July 10, with indoor games, crafts and a balloon drop.
- Spice of India Dancers, on July 17, presenting folk dances of India.
- Knoxville Kids on the Block, on July 24, with puppets Zach and Brenda talking about healthy living.
- Knoxville Opera, on July 31, with entertaining popular selections from 20th century Broadway musicals.
General admission to the Children’s Museum is $7 for adults, $6 for seniors ages 62 and older, and $5 for children ages 3-18. Admission is free for children under 3 and museum members. For more information, call the museum at (865) 482-1074 or see the Children’s Museum web site at www.childrensmuseumofoakridge.org.