Oak Ridge Schools Interim Superintendent Bob Smallridge will present a budget to the Board of Education during a meeting this evening.
The special meeting starts at 5:30 p.m. in Board Room at the School Administration Building, which is at 304 New York Ave.
It’s the first in a series of six meetings between today and May 23. The school system’s budget could be presented to the Oak Ridge City Council on May 28.
Here’s the schedule for the school system’s budget meetings:
- May 13 (today) at 5:30 p.m.—budget presented to the Oak Ridge Board of Education,
- May 14 at 5:30 p.m.—line-by-line budget review,
- May 16 at 5:30 p.m.—budget work session on budget (if needed),
- May 21 at 7 p.m.—public hearing of budget on first reading,
- May 22 at 5:30 p.m.—budget work wession on budget (if needed), and
- May 23 at 5:30 p.m.—adoption of budget on second and final reading.
The meeting agendas are available here.