Continuous Threads Sewing Studio is offering “2013 Blockbuster Sewing Camps” this year for boys and girls, ages 9 and up. Each camp lasts one week and meets daily from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
If students have their own machines, they should bring them. A limited number of classroom machines are available for an additional cost. Each student should also bring a lunch.
Popcorn will be provided for each class, but campers should bring a brown-bag lunch. The camps are taught by Manderley Swain and Jeannie O’Brien.
Here is the camp schedule:
- June 10-14—COMING ATTRACTIONS: In this beginner class, students will learn basic hand and machine sewing skills by making packs, satchels, and bags. All supplies are included in the cost, which is $150.
- June 24-28—INTO THE STARS: This beginner class is about technology and how to contain it. Students will learn basic hand and machine sewing skills and will make tablet covers, MP3 cases, e-reader covers, cell phone charms and other tech and science fiction inspired projects. All supplies are included in the cost of the class, which is $150.
- July 8-12—INCREDIBLE SUPER SEWISTS: In this class, students will practice sewing skills and make a utility belt with pockets, notches, and loops; gauntlets/bracers; and a cape and mask. Students must have a beginner class or other sewing experience before taking this class. Please call the studio for supply list for this class. Cost is $130.
- July 15-19—AN UNEXPECTED SEWING JOURNEY: This class will practice sewing skills while making basic camping gear, including tents, first aid kit, survival bracelets, bandanas, and a bag to stow your gear. Students must have a beginner class or other sewing experience before attending this class. Please call the studio for a supply list for the class. Cost is $130.
- July 22-26—AMERICAN GIRL IN OZ: Bring an American Girl or other 18-inch doll and learn to make costumes, including Dorothy, Glinda, the Wicked Witch, and others. Students must have a beginner class or other sewing experience before attending. Cost of this class is $150.
- July 29-August 2—MONSTERS UNIVERSITY: Students will make back-to-school projects such as a school bag, locker pockets, pencil pouch, a little monster friend and more. Students must have a beginner class or other sewing experience to attend. Please call the studio for a supply list for this class. Cost is $130.
You can also view the schedule and other information here.
Continuous Threads Sewing Studio is located at 235 Jackson Square. For more information or to register for classes, call (865) 964-2178 or send an e-mail [email protected].