Covenant Health is offering aÂ community program on Tuesday with free screenings and reduced-cost blood work, a press release said.
The health check will be from 8:30-10:30 a.m. Tuesday in the Ridge Conference RoomÂ at Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge.
Free screenings will include blood pressure, body composition and body mass index, heart rhythm, carotid artery ultrasound, and vision.
Other low-cost screenings will include:
- Hemoccult kits (take-home colon cancer screening kits)â€”$2
- CHC profileâ€”$20 (12-hour fasting recommended for accurate results; those with diabetes should check with a physician before fasting.) Test includes chemistry profile (glucose, potassium, calcium, etc.), cholesterol (total, HDL, LDL, and tryiglycerides), and liver enzymes
- Complete blood count (CBC)â€”$15. Test includes red and white blood cell count, hematocrit, platelets, etc.
- Thyroid (thyroid stimulating hormone)â€”$20
- Prostate specific antigen (PSA prostate cancer screening) for menâ€”$20
- C-reactive protein (high sensitivity)â€”$20. Measures heart disease risk and indicates arterial inflammation, especially recommended for those whose cholesterol and blood pressure are above desirable levels.
- Hemoglobin A1C (HbA1C)â€”$20. Measures the amount of sugar (glucose) in a personâ€™s blood during the last three months.
For more information, call (86) 541-4500.
Covenant Passport members receive an additional $5 discount on one test. Proof of membership is required.