Information from WYSH Radio
Students and staff at South Clinton Elementary School were briefly evacuated Tuesday morning following a gas leak.
Clinton’s police and fire departments responded to the scene along with crews from Powell-Clinch Utility District.
The leak was found to be emanating from only one heating unit in a staff member’s office, and after the building was aired out a little bit, students returned to class about 20 minutes after the leak was first detected.
Repairs are being made, and the school is back on its regular schedule.
This story brought to you through an agreement between Oak Ridge Today and WYSH. See more local news headlines on the WYSH website at http://www.wyshradio.com/local_news.html.