Note: This story was updated at 1:30 p.m.
A patient with a lighter who was experiencing a medical emergency started a foam mattress on fire at MethodistÂ Medical Center on Wednesday morning, Oak Ridge Fire Chief Darryl Kerley said.
In a statement, the hospital said the small 10:15 a.m. fire in its emergency department was quickly extinguished.
The fire was limited to a patient room, and there were no injuries, the statement said. The fire caused minimal damages, and there was no disruption in service.
Kerley said the Oak Ridge Police Department is investigating, and the hospital will not press charges.