The City of Oak Ridge is currently accepting applications for School Crossing Guard.
School Crossing Guard
Salary: $10.00 per hour before deductions for Social Security and FIT
Desirable Minimum Qualifications:
- UTK, KC, PSTCC, or RSCC student, part-time Schools employee, retiree, homemaker, or other individuals with flexibility in arranging their personal schedules.
- Must be able to work 10 hours per week—Mornings 7:45 to 8:45 a.m. Monday thru Friday; Afternoons 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. except Wednesdays when hours are 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.
- Must be at least age 18.
- Must be in good physical condition since position involves working in all types of weather conditions.
- Must have ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with children and the general public.
- Applicants are subject to background investigation and drug screening.
If interested in this type of employment, please place an application on file with the Personnel Department.
See the City of Oak Ridge website for more information and to download an employment application.