The Secret City Festival next week will feature a World War II re-enactment.
The re-enactment of the Battle of Bloody Gulch will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 11, at Alvin K. Bissell Park in central Oak Ridge. It’s presented by NSPS, or National Strategic Protective Services.
Here is some of the equipment scheduled to be involved, according to a press release:
- Returning from the 2015 reenactment, the only fully live firing German Flak 88 in the United States, which will perform firing demonstrations.
- Authentic Allied vehicles including jeeps, armored halftracks, scout cars, and anti-tank artillery.
- Authentic Axis vehicles including a German Stug III Ausf G assault tank, Panzer III command tank, a Sd. Kfz 251 halftrack, and a M3 Antitank Gun just to name a few.
- Static display pieces include a 1940 Ford 20mm gun truck with gun, a Russian 1944 T34 main battle tank, a 1943 British 25 pound field howitzer with limber, and more.
- Re-enactors representing American infantry, German Wehrmacht, assault troops, Fallschirmjagers, and more.