The City of Oak Ridge is currently accepting applications for Electric Operations Manager.
Position: Electric Operations Manager
Salary Range: $63,315.20-$79,144.00 before standard deductions
Under general supervision of the Electrical Director, supervises and manages the operations, maintenance, and construction of the electrical distribution system including training, safety, apprenticeship program, and the supervision of field crews.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, assigns, coordinates, and directs overhead and underground electrical line work crews including training, scheduling, and supervision of subordinate staff.
- Conducts on-site inspections of work in progress and, upon completion, ensures compliance with City and department policies and procedures, City codes, quality standards, safety regulations, and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Investigates, evaluates, and determines best application of new developments in electrical power construction, service and maintenance, and tools and equipment, and devises alternative means of securing maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Performs ongoing reviews and inspections of the electrical distribution system, providing input to the management team in determining required maintenance and operational policies.
- Reviews work orders and service tickets and meets with design professionals, contractors, and affected customers to determine priorities and assignment schedules to provide the best possible service while ensuring quality and timeliness of job completion.
- Develops task plans for small to large complex projects, determines resources, develops timelines, determines project critical path, and start/finish dates.
- Prepares specifications and plans for system two-way radio, tool, vehicle, safety, and construction equipment and reviews and approves those prepared by others.
- Serves as Supervisor on Call on rotational basis. Must respond to electric system emergencies 24 hours a day whether on standby or not.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Federal Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA).
- Knowledge of electrical distribution system operations.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of project management.
- Skill in effectively communicating both orally and in writing.
- Skill in planning, organizing, scheduling, and directing the work of subordinate staff.
- Skill in maintaining accurate and complete records and related project documents.
- Skill in accurately reading schematics and drawings.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Operations, or related field from an accredited college or university; seven (7) years engineering/operations experience, three (3) of which must be in a supervisory capacity; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess State of Tennessee Class D Driver’s license.
All parties interested in this position should have an application and/or resume on file with the Personnel Department no later than 12:00 noon, Friday, August 11, 2017.
See the City of Oak Ridge website for more information and to download an employment application.