The City of Oak Ridge is currently accepting applications for Utility Maintenance Specialist—Sewer.
Position: Utility Maintenance Specialist—Sewer
Vacancy due to retirement
Pay Group: 17 ($15.39-$19.23 per hour)
Primary Job Duties:
- Inspects, rehabilitates, improves, extends, and maintains the wastewater collection system. Locates and marks pipes, detects and repairs leaks, installs/repairs manholes, makes sewer taps, and makes any other necessary improvements or extensions.
- Operates various light and heavy equipment and hand and power tools, including digging and lifting equipment, jet rodders, vac-truck, easement machines, SL-RAT acoustic inspection equipment, and CCTV equipment.
- Completes and maintains records and reports, including maintenance records, work orders, time sheets, and reports for federal and state regulatory compliance.
- Supervises and/or trains other employees as needed, and resolves citizen concerns.
- Familiarity with computers and data entry
- High school diploma or equivalent supplemented by 3 years directly related experience/knowledge of wastewater collection maintenance and repair with ability to troubleshoot wastewater system problems and read blueprints.
- Ability to operate a backhoe, jet rodders, vac-truck, easement machines, SL-RAT acoustic inspection equipment, and CCTV equipment.
- Ability to work with and lead others, communicate effectively, and prepare accurate and thorough records/reports.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds and perform manual work in all weather conditions and terrains.
- Must obtain Grade II Wastewater Collection certification within twelve months of placement.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license and good driving record. Must be able to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License with N endorsement within 6 months of hire.
Individuals interested in this position must have an application on file with the Personnel Department by 12:00 noon on Friday, July 14, 2017.
See the City of Oak Ridge website for more information and to download an employment application.