The City of Oak Ridge is currently accepting applications for Facilities Maintenance Specialist.
Position: Facilities Maintenance Specialist
Starting Salary: $16.14 per hour with liberal fringe benefits
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains facilities by repairing door locks, patching leaking roofs; replacing broken glass, fixtures, floors, and ceiling tiles; and painting interior/exterior surfaces.
- Builds cabinets, book shelves, desks, fences, steps, and small buildings.
- Contacts and directs City approved contractors in performing repairs and replacements of floor coverings, automatic door openers, roofing repairs.
- Assists in the maintenance of HVAC systems in facilities by monitoring building temperatures and maintaining boilers, chillers, water pumps, air compressors and electrical, pneumatic, and electronic controls.
- Assists in the maintenance of plumbing systems by repairing plumbing fixtures and equipment, boilers and hot water heaters, and swimming pool equipment.
- Assists in the maintenance, tests, and repairs of fire alarm and sprinkler systems.
- Completes written records of labor and materials used for each work project.
- Develops purchase orders for parts and equipment, solicits bids, and assists in the selection of the successful bidder.
- Maintains computerized data bases on maintenance schedules, warranty information, and similar data.
- Performs emergency repairs and work as necessary including activities requiring overtime and or called out.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the operation, preventive maintenance, and repair of facilities and furnishings, cooling and heating systems, and/or plumbing systems.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of the skilled trades of carpentry, cooling and heating systems, or plumbing.
- Knowledge of safe operation of various hand and power tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Skill in reading blueprints, plans, and drawings for maintenance projects.
- Skill in understanding and following complex oral and written instructions.
- Skill in safely operating vehicles and equipment.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED and five (5) years of experience in carpentry, cooling and heating systems, or plumbing; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess the appropriate skilled trade license in the respective specialty area.
- Possession of a valid State of Tennessee Driver’s license.
Applications are available online and the Personnel Department. For consideration, you must have an application on file in the Personnel Department by 12:00 noon on Wednesday, June 28, 2017.
See the City of Oak Ridge website for more information and to download an employment application.